Monday, October 20, 2014

Live Like That by SideWalk Prophets

Sometimes I think
What will people say of me
When I’m only just a memory
When I’m home where my soul belongs
Was I love
When no one else would show up
Was I Jesus to the least of us
Was my worship more than just a song
Chorus
I wanna live like that
And give it all I have
So that everything You say and do
Points to You
If love is who I am
Then this is where I’ll stand
Recklessly abandoned
Never holding back
I wanna live like that
Am I proof
That You are who You say you are
That grace can really change your heart
Do I live like Your love is true
People pass
And even if they don’t know my name
Is there evidence that I’ve been changed
When they me do they see You
Chorus
I wanna show the world the love He gave for me
I’m longing for the world to know
The glory of the King
Chorus

 

As Christians we are called to be like Christ Jesus. This song often cuts me as I think about when I use sharp words with my siblings, get annoyed with crowds, and waste time. I want to be like Jesus, but we are human and will never compare to Him. This is a fallen world, and fallen things need to be picked up and put back together. This is Jesus' job, but we can still help with some of the band aides, give hugs, share comforting words, and show others glimpses of what it will be like when Jesus finally returns.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I don't mind helpful criticism. But talking trash about me or anyone else is not okay. I love comments though, so feel free. :)