Monday, October 6, 2014

Beloved by Tenth Avenue North

  So how many of you adore Tenth Avenue North as much as I do? Most likely none of you. People I adore them. :)

  But, getting to the subject at hand. This post is going to be a little different from my first 'Music Dissection'. That one was going over all the lyrics, and I'll still do that occasionally, but do you know how much time that takes? Too much. So I'm just going to dive into the song head first, eyes not quite closed because that wouldn't work very well. ;P

  

Love of my life, deep in my eyes
There you will find what you need
And give me your life, lust and the lies
The past you're afraid I might see
You've been running away from me

You're my beloved, lover I'm yours
Death shall not part us, it's you I died for
For better or worse forever we'll be
My love it unites us and it binds you to me
It's a mystery

Love of my life look deep in my eyes
There you will find what you need
And I'm the giver of life, I'll clothe you in white
My immaculate bride you will be
Oh, come running home to me

You're my beloved, lover I'm yours
Death shall not part us, it's you I died for
For better or worse forever we'll be
My love it unites us and it binds you to me

You've been a mistress, my wife
You're chasing lovers that won't satisfy
Won't you let me make you my bride?
You will drink of my lips and you'll taste new life

You're my beloved, lover I'm yours
Death shall not part us, it's you I died for
For better or worse forever we'll be
My love it unites us and it binds you to me
It's a mystery

  I've read a lot of the comments under this song at YouTube and I can say a bunch of people seem to get the meaning of this song wrong. Many of the comments go something like this, 'I can't wait to meet the love of my life', 'Still looking for the love of my life', 'I think I've finally met the love of my life.' I find it really sad that they miss the very obvious point in this beautiful song. 

  Jesus is the love of our lives. The band isn't talking about earthly love, they are talking about the love of God when he sent His only son to come save us from our own sin. 

  We were lonely sinners destined for Hell. We were chasing things, 'Chasing lovers that won't satisfy', when Jesus died on the cross for us. We are His beloved.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, and whosoever believeth in Him shall have eternal life" John 3:16

  Jesus Christ died to clothe us in white and to make us His 'immaculate bride'. Meaning the whole church. 
  
  This song is showing us the parallels that the Bible already has in it. The beautiful world of marriage to the perfect groom. And how He never gave up on us even when we didn't want Him.

  This is one of my favorite songs and I never tire of listening to it, I hope you guys like it too. :)  

Is there anything you would like to add or share about this song?

Brookie

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I don't mind helpful criticism. But talking trash about me or anyone else is not okay. I love comments though, so feel free. :)