Monday, October 27, 2014

He Knows my Name by Francesca Battistelli

Spent today in a conversation
In the mirror face to face with
somebody less than perfect
I wouldn't choose me first if
I was looking for a champion
In fact I'd understand if
You picked everyone before me
But that's just not my story
True to who You are
You saw my heart
and made
Something out of nothing

[Chorus:]
I don't need my name in lights
I'm famous in my Father's eyes
Make no mistake
He knows my name
I'm not living for applause
I'm already so adored
It's all His stage
He knows my name oh, oh,
He knows my name oh, oh

I'm not meant to just stay quiet
I'm meant to be a lion
I'll roar beyond a song
With every moment that I've got
True to who You are
You saw my heart
and made
Something out of nothing

[Chorus]

He calls me chosen, free forgiven, wanted, child of the King,
His forever, held in treasure...
I am loved

I don't need my name in lights...
I'm famous in my Father's eyes...

[Chorus]


  In God's holy word it says that we are to be in this world, but not of this world. I think this is kinda what Francesca is getting at here. We are meant to spread God's light in the darkness, but we also have to remember that this place isn't our home, we are of God's world now. He wants us to spread His name, roaring it like lions, and show others how wonderful it is to know that He is in control even in the hard times. But we can't get wrapped up with, being famous, or getting friends, because God saw us when still sinners, when we were filthy and rotten orphans, but He sent His only son to come down to earth and cleanse us with His blood that we might serve Him forever in Heaven as His children. So when we get down, remember, we don't need our names in lights, we're famous in our Father's eyes. And make no mistake, He knows each of us by name. :)

Brookie  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I don't mind helpful criticism. But talking trash about me or anyone else is not okay. I love comments though, so feel free. :)